Friday, October 2, 2009

Cranberry Sauce

Only recently in the last few years that I found that I really like the cranberry and turkey combo, cause that jellied crap from a can always gave me the icks. But fresh is so good, and last year my uncle Bob had this with his Thanksgiving dinner, and I fell in love with it, I want to make it all the time and spred it on toast and just eat it, it's that good. I'm very excited to post this and have this cause it will be a regular staple on my turkey dinner menu.

Cranberry Sauce
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
1-16 oz bag fresh cranberries
1 c. apples, finely chopped or grated(irecommend grating)
1-2 oranges, juiced and pulp
splash of lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 or dash of nutmeg

Put cranberries, sugar, water, and apples in pan over medium heat and cook until the cranberries "pop" and the apples are softened. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment