Those of you that went to public school here in Pocatello should remember these delicious treasures from school lunch, the one and only thing I loved from school food. I've come across many copy cats and this one by far wins by miles! It doesn't use rice krispies but crushed graham crackers so the consistency is much finer and better.
Peanut Butter Filling
2 c powdered sugar
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. melted butter
2/3 c. graham cracker crumbs (4 large retangles will be perfect)
Chocolate topping
2/3. c chocolate chips
4 Tbs peanutbutter
2 tsp. butter
Line a 8X8 square pan with foil with some overhanging the edges. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the 4 ingredients for the filling and mix until all combined and somewhat smooth, there should be a few graham cracker chunks. Then spread in the pan into an even layer. Then the 3 ingredients for the topping need to be melted together either in microwave or stovetop. Then spread over the peanut butter. and put in fridge until set and chocolate stiff. Then lift out by foil and cut into 1 inch pieces, store in fridge, if any is leftover :) LOVE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I loved these things when I was in school. I will have to make these someday when I am not prego and actually enjoy food again.
ReplyDelete