Friday, February 13, 2009

Banana Bread

I've tried a lot of different banana bread recipes and none of them have really been great, so I found a basic one and I've added my own tweaks with spices.
Ingredients:
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. cloves
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 c. mashed overripe bananas
1 c. chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips(optional)
In a large bowl combine flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. In a smaller bowl cream butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs to butter mixture then add mashed bananas stir to combine. Then add to flour and stir by hand all ingredients until moistened. Pour into greased 9X5 loaf pan bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment