Monday, March 2, 2009

Salmon

Okay, I have a confession I love love love salmon, I would eat it every other day if I could afford it, and Mike was so kind to get me a few fillets today, and since I didn't have the stuff so make my favorite lemon and rosemary salmon, I decided to make my own up with what I had and what came out was so awesome, I guess this school thing is actually working. Here is my Sweet and Spicy salmon
4 fillets of salmon
3 TBS brown sugar
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS beef stock or broth.
1/8 -1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (depends on how hot you want)
1/2 tsp. creole seasoning or chili powder
Put all in bowl and mix together and coat each piece evenly and let sit in the mixture while your skillet is getting hot. Heat you pan with olive oil over medium heat. Place each fillet in skillet and pour any remaining sauce over the salmon. Once a crust if formed on one side of the salmon turn over and let that side get crispy. let cook for about 10 min depending on how thick your fish is. Once it's turned opaque and flaky it's done!

Now here is my lemon and rosemary recipe
4 fillets of salmon
1/4 c. lemon juice
4 slices of lemon
1/4c. white wine (optional, but really it's so much better with it and the alcohol cooks out)
1 TBS whole capers
1/4 c. chopped fresh rosemary
salt
black pepper
olive oil
First take your olive oil and just pour a little over the fillet and rub all over top and bottom, then take a little pepper and salt and sprinkle over your fillet. Then take 1 tablespoon of the rosemary and rub over the fillet. then take a small piece of foil and put the salmon on it and create a little pocket and pour 1 tablespoon each of the lemon juice and wine over it, be sure to not let it spill out, keep it in the foil. then put 2 slices of lemon over the fillet and then 1 tsp of the capers. then wrap tightly in the foil. If you have a grill let it heat up to a medium heat and just put the foil wrapped pieces over and let cook about ten minutes. If still too pink let cook until opaque and flaky. If you don't have a grill it would work in the oven at 375 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment