Ok I know I was wanting to post something everyother day, but I realized I needed to get in gear and lose this dang baby weight! I have a wedding to be at in July and my dress is blue and I am just having horrifying images of me as the beached blue whale in the pictures. So I have been working hard eating turkey and vegetables, but I was naughty this weekend with Ari's birthday cupcakes, which were frogs and adorable I might add. With Erika down I made a yummy and very easy cake.
1 box of white or yellow cake mix(bake according to pkg directions and must be 13X9)
1 small box of strawberry jello(raspberry would be excellent as well)
1 can of strawberry pie filling(raspberry or blueberry will work, doesn't really matter it's all good. I used blueberry with strawberry jello)
whipped cream, just enough to cover the cake
Bake your cake and once it's cooled take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes about 1 inch apart all over the cake. Then make the jello with 1 c. boiling water and mix until dissolved, add 1 c. cold water. Pour all over the cake, making sure you drench the entire thing with the jello. Put the cake in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours. Then Take the pie filling and spread it over the cake making sure the filling is going into the holes of the cake. Finally spread the whipping cream over the pie filling and put back in the fridge for another hour or more. Seriously so good, so I must get back to my rabbit food diet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment